Jason-CS End-to-End Instrument Chains Performance Engineer
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Category: Mech. Engineering
Published on: Nov 14 - 2018
Position Reference: 287
You will have the opportunity to support in the overall system aspects for end-to-end instrument chains, i.e. involving the space segment (platform and instruments) as well as the ground segment.
You will provide support in the area of system and mission performance engineering and on-ground instrument data processing engineering.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Following-up performance requirements, allocation and budgeting performed by space segment and instrument providers;
• Following up the definition and development of the on-ground instrument data processing specifications (e.g. algorithms and product formats);
• Following up the development of the on-ground instrument data processing systems, test tools and test data;
• Following-up and reviewing definition of approach for modelling of system performances, space segment and/or instrument providers; review of adequacy of related performance modelling tools;
• Contributing to the preparation and analysis of the system performance budgets, collecting input from space segment, instruments and ground processing segment; reporting any non-compliances and following up resolution;
• Contributing to the consolidation and maintenance of the system requirements, including tracing to space segment, instrument and/or ground segment requirements and tracking of the status of compliance; reporting any non-compliances and follow up resolution;
• Contributing to the consolidation of the verification approach for system performance requirements and contributing to the maintenance of the related verification matrix;
• Contributing to the assessment of the ground data processing algorithms and Cal/Val algorithms developed as part of the Jason-CS ground segment and confirm that they allow meeting the System Performance Requirements; reporting any non-compliance and follow up resolution;
• Contributing to the validation of products and ground data processing algorithms;
• Following up the verification, integration and acceptance of the on-ground instrument data processing elements;
• Contributing to regular reviews of System, Space Segment, Instrument and Ground Segment documentation;
• Participate in formal reviews and technical meetings at System, Space Segment, Instrument and Ground Segment level;
• Providing input for / support preparation of documentation for System and Ground Segment level reviews.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent;
• You have at least 3 years of combined experience:
• in the field of engineering of space and/or ground systems, in the area of Earth observation from space;
• in the field of end-to-end mission performance analysis, budgeting and verification for space-borne observing systems;
• You have a good knowledge of relevant space-borne observation instruments (Jason-CS satellites will embark a radar altimeter, a microwave radiometer, a GNSS receiver and a radio-occultation instrument).
• You have a good knowledge of ground data processing algorithms and ground processing environment.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have experience in verifying on-ground instrument data processing systems;
• You have experience in development of test data sets and processor prototypes;
• You have experience in specification of operational products for earth observation missions.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.
How to apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 03/12/2018.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.